Can 800 people fit in a room?
This is the story of how Reel Causes began.
- is a B.C. registered non-profit society
- educates people on issues that require community attention for the purposes of triggering change
- screens inspiring, challenging, enlightening films
- focuses on themes such as poverty, disease and humanitarian causes, or on Canadians in the arts
- invites the filmmakers to join our events for live audience interviews via Skype, from wherever they are in the world
- invites our ‘cause of the month’ to introduce the audience to what they do, and how they are part of the solution
- has raised funds for over 25 different organizations that support health, environmental and social justice causes
- provides a hub for the film industry to connect with charities and social issues
- is run 100% by volunteers
- offers a simple way that people can engage, contribute, and benefit important causes
A film can promote the idea of change without any political message whatsoever but in its form and language can tell people that they can change their lives and contribute to progressive changes in the world. — Film Director Wim Wenders