Can 800 people fit in a room?
This is the story of how Reel Causes began.
- is a B.C. registered non-profit society
- engages, educates and inspires film-goers to take positive action on health, environmental and humanitarian issues
- invites the filmmakers to join our events for live audience interviews via Skype, from wherever they are in the world
- invites our ‘cause of the month’ to introduce the audience to what they do, and how they are part of the solution
- provides a hub for the community and the film industry to connect with charities and social issues
- is volunteer-driven
A film can promote the idea of change without any political message whatsoever but in its form and language can tell people that they can change their lives and contribute to progressive changes in the world. — Film Director Wim Wenders