With the rise of Covid-19, shelters closed, jobs were lost, and houselessness in Victoria, BC swelled. A community formed as an encampment in the city’s biggest park. As they learn of an ambitious plan to house everyone by March 31, 2021, uncertainty in the park, and in their lives mounts.
Moving Day tells the story of the people who were left outside – quite literally – during a global pandemic, the community that came together, and the day that could pull them apart.
Post-film discussion includes:
– Kendra Crighton and Meera Mathew, Filmmakers and Program Leads at The Existence Project
– Nanette Breker, BScN, RN, Clinical Nurse Lead at Ravensview
– Riah Hoechsmann, BScN, RN, MHSU, Island Health
– Terry Edison-Brown, Director at Anawim House
– Moderator: Parker Johnson, Program Manager at The Existence Project